Our Open Shop
We have moved! Please note new location
We are an open shop located in northern Vermont near the Canadian border.Our hours are 10am-5:30pm Tuesday to Saturday, Sunday by chance or appointment. We have approximately 35,000 books on a variety of subjects. While we have unusual and rare books, we emphasize books for reading - fiction and non-fiction paperbacks, books on tape, children's paperbacks, etc. We have strong sections in doll and dollhouse books, Vermontania, costume, science fiction and juvenile.
The Eloquent Page is a member of the American Booksellers Association and the Vermont Antiquarian Booksellers Association.
A portion of the book inventory can be found online at Biblio.com. Sales through this site will have the usual payment options and are subject to the policies of that site.
In Store Policies
- Mail Order
- We will confirm book availability by e-mail and hold for two weeks pending payment. Payment is by U.S. check, money order, or credit card - American Express, Discover, Mastercard or Visa.
- Sales Policy
- We sell used paperbacks for 60% of the publishers cover price. Hardcovers, collectibles and all other items are as marked. All sales are final.
- Audio Books
- We sell audio books for 60% of the cover price. Within 30 days, an audio book may be returned with its receipt and we will refund all but a $3 fee.
- Credit Policy
- We accept some books for store credit at 25% of the cover price or 40% of our sale price. Credit may be used towards the purchase of most books in the store, but may not be used toward non-book items, gift certificates, special orders, or books marked "NO CREDIT."
- Gift Certificates
- We offer gift certificates in any amount.
- New Books
- We can special order many new books at a 20% discount. We can also special order titles only available from the publisher, although these titles are not discounted and may have a shipping charge.
- Book Searches
- We can search for out-of-print titles. All special orders are cash only and must be prepaid.